In steelmaking and other heavy industries, drive technology is expected to lift, move and precisely position heavy loads under extremely adverse conditions, something that requires special solutions and technical expertise. Duff-Norton has both, and for many years has been one of the world‘s leading providers of special drive technology components for steelmaking and heavy industrial applications.
- Standard screw jacks for loads ranging from 500 lbs to 75 tons
- Heavy-duty screw jacks for loads ranging from 100 tons to 250 tons
- Special screw jacks for special solutions
- Special screw jacks for repositioning tundishes
- Complete pot lifting systems for coating lines
Duff Norton Systems & Special Solutions for the Steel Industry
The highest levels of automation and productivity are required, particularly in plant construction. This in turn means more individual lifting and lowering mechanisms, feed drives and swivel actuators, together with their interfaces to electronic control system.
Particularly in heavy industry, the drive technology must function reliably under the harshest conditions for years and years. Duff-Norton supplies individual components as well as complete solutions for lifting systems in the steel industry. The products and services available extend from individual standard screw jacks to the development and manufacture of complete lifting systems, including the structural steel, control system, commissioning and service. The customer benefits from the highest levels of transparency in all phases of the project, starting with the conclusion of the contract to the handover of the system.
Screw Jacks for the Steel Industry
There are many advantages of screw jacks (mechanical actuators) compared to hydraulic solutions, examples are:
- Screw jacks with self-locking capabilities (the load will not lower in event of an electrical failure)
- High repeat and position accuracy
- Robust and reliable system designs
- Total synchronization in the case of multiple screw jack lifting systems
- Ready and easy to install
ABN 38 096 324 337
PO Box 987, North Lakes,
QLD 4509, Australia
Ph: 07 3491 6474
Fax: 07 3491 7944
© 2012 DN Sales Australia | Designed by Ad-Vent Marketing Ltd